Business support during coronavirus outbreak
Making decisions in this kind of environment is hard. Our dedicated coronavirus page is specifically for business owners and leaders. It brings together the latest government support, advice across themes such as supporting your staff and communicating with customers, how leaders like you are reacting right now and the best of what the rest of the web has to offer.
- We’ve summarised all the government support available – from the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, which allows you to secure a grant for employee pay, to the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme, which is allowing businesses to borrow up to £5m without having to make personal guarantees
- The government has also launched a new “support finder” tool which helps businesses and self employed people across the UK quickly and easily determine what financial support is available
- Be the Business has put together a very detailed FAQs looking at financing, taxes, fixed expenses, employment and closures. It will help you get clarity on government help such as the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme and Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Hear about the business-related announcements from the government’s daily press conferences with our daily update article
- Businesses are starting to provide a range of product and service offerings specifically for SMEs. Stay up to date with what is on offer
- We know there is a lot of noise out there, both helpful and not, so our “best of the web” summaries reflect what we think is the most useful content for business owners across a number of key themes – ranging from legal obligations to driving down fixed costs
- At times like these, when you’re often having to make mission critical decisions, it’s helpful to have step-by-step advice. Our how to guides do just that and come with a simple and actionable checklist
- We’ve also created a specific cash flow support page, featuring guidance and input from SME leaders currently changing the way they approach the vital process
- As businesses start to bring employees back into the workplace, our dedicated page cuts through the noise and helps direct decision making
- We’re also working with Facebook on a series of themed webinars. Find out more
- The first of our case study formats is short and to the point. Have a look at our three-minute videos where business leaders from a wide variety of sectors and locations explain how they’ve reacted and what their priorities going forward will be
- To look at some important themes, such as furloughing staff or pivoting the business, we’ve heard from businesses with experience of doing just those kind of things. They take the form of ten-minute audio clips
- We’ve also been keeping track of the businesses and management teams taking proactive steps to protect operations. Have a read of what they’ve been up to and see if there’s some helpful advice you can take away
- If you’ve only got a few minutes right now, there’s no better place to start than by looking at the important decisions 18 business leaders have made recently
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter, which goes out on Monday morning. In it we combine the most up to date business support information available with insights straight from your peer group
- We’d really like to learn from your efforts. Please take two minutes to let us know how it has been and what support would be helpful in the future.
- Our new 12-week Rapid Response Mentoring programme helps guide owners and managers through the next few months. A mentor will provide a sounding board for difficult decisions and support in the development suitable strategies for the future
- Find out more by visiting our dedicated page
Find out how businesses like yours are responding
While everyone's response will be different, there's lots you can learn by hearing how fellow business owners and leaders are looking after their staff, creating new product offerings and planning for the future.
Access the guidance of an experienced business leader
Our new 12-week Rapid Response Mentoring programme helps guide owners and managers through the next few months. A mentor provides a sounding board for difficult decisions and support in the development suitable strategies for the future.
Government support and practical advice
From guidance on using the government's Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme to advice on generating new revenue streams, get help with the important decisions you're making during the coronavirus outbreak.
Advice & guidance
Advice & guidance
Targeted support and guidance
We know that pressures such as getting your staff back into the workplace safely and cash flow forecasting in an incredibly unpredictable climate are emerging ask key concerns. Have a look at our how our more specific content could help you and your business.
Coronavirus business support newsletter
Sign up to our coronavirus business support newsletter so you don't miss out on the latest government policy developments and innovative responses of other businesses around the UK.