Every business leader knows how difficult it can be getting time away from the business to focus on the future, but also that doing so will allow you to introduce fresh ideas, shape your business strategy and lay down plans to engage your teams and deliver the best performance possible.
Becoming more productive and competitive means looking at all aspects of operations, including sales, marketing and technology. But, most of all, it comes down to your people, who should be your biggest asset and best ambassadors.
Productivity through People is a 10-month programme providing SME leaders with access to the latest techniques, thinking and research central to transforming business productivity and working practices.
Feedback from delegates who have been through the programme already has focused on how the course taught them to think differently about managing, motivating and engaging the people in their organisations – key to overall success.
“Very rarely do you get the chance to look at how you apply some of the soft skills to the people, to make all of us more productive, from management down to everybody else in the practice,” said Spencer Williams, director at Mann Williams. “What I really take back from the course is to sit down, talk to, listen and embrace the ideas and concerns that come from people in the workforce.”
Our academic partners
We've joined with leading business schools from around the country
“The knowledge and skills gathered during the programme have been really valuable. Firstly refining the strategic view for the business using the tools that have been provided, and secondly sharing ideas with business-minded people in the same position has really helped to made sure we have a real clear idea and plan of action."
MD, Revive! Auto Innovations
Practical exercises and inspiring insights
This highly-acclaimed course combines academic and practical learning, delivered in the classroom, and through masterclasses and workshops, led by industry and academic experts.
Containing exercises and inspiration you can take back to your business straight away, delegates have found the resulting changes they have made to their businesses incredible. We add even further value through industrial site visits to leading successful businesses, giving you hands-on, relevant expert insights.
However, another significant benefit of the course is the opportunity to meet, engage and share experiences and challenges with a like-minded network. Business owners rarely have this opportunity and can often feel a sense of loneliness in tackling the day-to-day issues of running a business. Getting insights, ideas and solutions from business experts and other leaders can be invaluable, and you’ll return to your business motivated and empowered to drive forward change.
Productivity through People has already helped 250 business leaders improve their productivity and performance.
"I wanted to support the business and drive growth, but knew I needed input from outside the business. There is real relevance in looking at others, those small businesses that have so many similarities.”
Operations director, Lifecycle Software
Invest in your future
Attending the course will mean two to three days a month away from your business, and you can be assured you’ll consider this investment in time worthwhile. You will benefit from:
- Practical masterclasses to stimulate and challenge thinking on topics such as leadership and teams, employee engagement and culture, internal communications, digital and technology adoption and innovation
- Small groups with a maximum of 25 participants per programme
- Access to world-class organisation and the leaders that have transformed their workplace
- Specialist coaching from highly experienced SME experts
- Action learning to address real business issues in a facilitated and confidential group setting
- Business benchmarking and future planning
- Industrial visits to award-winning manufacturing and professional service environments, enabling you to formulate high-performance workplace strategies. Previous participants have benefitted from visiting the likes of EY, Rolls-Royce BAE Systems and EDF Energy
- Membership of the Be the Business Plus upon graduation – a valuable network of individuals and events to support on-going learning and development
- An incredible subsidised cost due to the generosity of our industry partners and sponsors. Worth £7,000, you can access this course for £2,500 per person
Is this course for you?
Productivity through People is a programme for individual owners, small teams of senior leaders or individuals who can influence and shape the culture and strategy of their organisation. Delegates must have the authority to implement the required changes to improve the business performance of their organisation.
...an SME owner, senior team leader, key decision-maker or individual who can influence change
...an employer of between 10 and 500 people?
...passionate about driving change, improving productivity, engaging and motivating your people?
Register your interest
Ready to invest in your future?
Register your interest using the form below – or get in touch directly with our Productivity through People-accredited business schools:
- Aston Business School (Birmingham) – 0121 204 3225
- University of Bath, School of Management (Bath) – 01225 385368
- Lancaster University Management School (Lancaster) – 01524 510728
- Strathclyde Business School (Glasgow) – 0141 553 6142
To find out more about how we look after your information, click here. You can change your mind at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘update your preferences’ links in the footer of any email you receive from us.